life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I have changed.....

I thought I was open minded, more open to other people’s thoughts and opinions, but when I said yesterday I had changed, I was not certain I had a grasp on exactly what had changed, I just knew in my heart there had been a huge shift.  Maybe it was just the feeling of loss, maybe just out and out fear, this happened in my community, my home (only 12 miles from my home of over 40 years)...I was not sure what changed…I just knew it had.

As yesterday progressed, I was alarmed at the amount of  Face Book "friends” that took this horrific situation and used it to promote their hate, their religion, their political leanings, but the most offensive were those that used this event to encourage and endorse their views on gun control.

The change in me…. is my inability to listen to others shamelessly promote their own agendas at the expense of others grief.

Yesterday I found myself deleting and unfriending more people in one day than I have in the entire 7 years I have been on Face Book. 

Everyone has the freedom to have and express their own opinions,  I have the freedom to choose not to see, hear or react (for or against) to anyone that uses others pain and grief to promote and justify their agendas.  I choose to surround myself with people that love and honor.

Yes…I am changed, maybe I am not so open minded any more.
There is love!  There is love!

No comments:

Post a Comment