life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Exploring me…

This is my first self-portrait, done in a workshop by Derek Gores whose style is unmistakable. Seems like all artists at one time or another are compelled to do a self-portrait, and I never have until recently. There seemed to be a need that welled up in me to explore me. Not so much how I looked, but more about how I feel. The age, the wrinkles and thousands of words are all there, but what I wanted to see, what I want you to see is the determination in my eyes. Determined to live the most full amazing life that is possible with the time I have. The first time I recognized that determined spark was in a photo taken by my friend and phenomenal photographer as well as a creative in her own right, Dale Fox, five months after my heart attack. I had cut all of my long red hair so I could take care of it myself, and still somewhat embarrassed I was wearing a red bandana. The day before I had been identified by the one of the top high-risk thoracic surgeons as a bad surgical risk and rejected as a surgical candidate. I had nowhere to turn. And although I can see the profound sadness in my face, I can also see the determination in my eyes. My eyes will always tell the truth, I am determined, and that is what I wanted you to see. What I am looking for is my passion, connection, excitement and fearlessness!

"If"  Bread
looking back now...is ther some divine reason that I end up in Leesburg 
to create my first self portrait?

No comments:

Post a Comment