life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The CHERYL EVANS method of cardiac function testing....

There was a time….not so long ago… when the nurse at “The Heart Failure Clinic” would want to send me to the hospital for tests….I would balk.  My reasoning was, they are expensive and invasive, and I do not feel bad.  Give me a glass of pinot grigio and send me on a brisk walk around the block and I will tell you precisely how I am doing. No muss...no fuss and the price is right!  Not to mention the results are always accurate! 

Since the surgery, I have become a big old fat weenie, depending on the medical industry’s high priced, horribly invasive and insensitive methods of telling ME how I feel.  SO… I got my ass up on the treadmill (sans the pinot grigio) and pushed my heart and my body hard!   I walk on my treadmill everyday and it has always given me the first tell-tale signs when things in my heart were  going wrong.  Why couldn't it tell me when things are going right? Clearly the doctors are evading my questions and are not going to tell me what they know, not without more of their expensive testing!  God forbid they make and educated assessment or explain to me what they are looking for and why. 

I can figure this out on my own!  I doubled the speed of my normal walking on my treadmill, very close to a run, for 2 min and 30 seconds.  I was totally out of breath (not too proud of that) but NO ANGINA! NO ANGINA…. 3 months ago I could not walk for 45 seconds without having to take a nitro glycerin. 

The CHERYL JONES EVANS method of cardiac function testing is a thumbs up success!

Based on this “kind of” scientific, non-invasive and extremely affordable test….I am doing GREAT!


"Take a Walk on the Wild Side"  Lou Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment