life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

but this time there is no book club to quit...

I have always been attracted to Dr. Brene’ Brown’s work, for me it has been a love-hate thing.  Love what she says but I struggle with the how she feels vulnerability must be incorporated in our lives ! I even QUIT a book group “Daring Greatly” How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead.  I think it is the only thing I have ever quit.  I was so ashamed of myself.  I did not feel like I could risk being vulnerable in front of friends and strangers.  I down loaded the book read the first chapter and walked away.  Maybe it was not the time.  Right now I am feeling incredibly vulnerable, it does not feel good, in fact I am afraid it is getting close to letting this fear overwhelm and frighten me but this time... there is no book club to quit.


"Body Love pt. 1 & 2"   Mary Lambert       (so I downloaded her next book "Rising Strong")


No comments:

Post a Comment