life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Even though it is plastic...

Yea…yea…yea…It is a plastic pumpkin.

It is not round like most pumpkins…rather skinny at the top quite broad on the bottom…A pumpkin with an ass…I can relate!

When the boys were little, there was nothing I could do to keep them from exploding with excitement at Halloween!  At our house in those days, being outdoors playing in the yard after dark was a big deal but to cruise the entire neighborhood (and then some) after dark, in a costume, with massive amounts of candy…it was a little boy trifecta!  The only thing that could keep them pacified, waiting for night fall was carving the pumpkin on Halloween afternoon.

The three of us continued carving pumpkins together on Halloween afternoon all the way through their high school years and rather embarrassingly through a few college years, too.  But I finally gave it up when they were quite grown and gone. I do miss the carving with them, but not the mess.

All of these years later, (the boys are now 38 & 40) I may have given up the carving but I have never been able to give up having a lit pumpkin on the porch for the trick or treat-ers on Halloween night, even though it is plastic.         Happy Halloween!

   "Spooky"   Dusty Springfield
Spooky candles burning, pumpkins lit and on guard, goblins circling, but the trick or treat-ers are getting through to the front door! 
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment