life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, March 1, 2020

A VERY Different Direction


“When sudden death erupts into your life, your whole way of understanding the world is rocked. Previous interests – even things you loved – can seem futile.
You aren’t the person you were before. This experience of love that you’re living has knocked you off course. When you gain your footing again – and that takes the time it takes – you’re going to be facing a different direction. You’ll have to find out how you fit here now, who you are in this new place.”
~Megan Devine
It does take time…more time than I had imagined!  I had kind of expected the “recovery” to be like recuperating from an illness, with a recommended timeline, although I was never clear who recommended it or how long it should be. That is not how it works!  But as I just begin to find my footing again I am finding that I am facing in a very different direction, and it is both frightening and exciting at the same time.

"We May Never Pass This Way Again"  Seals & Crofts

No comments:

Post a Comment