life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, March 30, 2020

Hyperbolic Paraboloid ...yea...I know it is a mouthful!






Face book can be obnoxious or entertaining but every once in awhile, there is a pleasant surprise! Yesterday was one of those times! As I have deleted most of the political nonsense (except for my own occasional rants!) I have replaced them with art, archeology, abandoned places in Florida, etc. etc. sites.  One of the replacements has been a site from the small town I spent a large part of my childhood years. My grandfather a train engineer, grandmother (Nana) the kindergarten teacher and my father the architect.  It seemed like this was the time that a town would have one of each!

I have to tell you that my heart sang as I saw this photo pop up on Face book with questions about what it was, and was tickled to be able to answer them.  This is a wonderful example of mid-century modern!  It was designed by my father as a kindergarten for my Nana.  Kindergartens were private back then. That roof is a geometric equation called a hyperbolic paraboloid…I can remember my Dad working on the balsa wood model in the design process. What a delight to see that it is still there in Roger’s Park, and is still an amazing tribute to my Nana and my Dad!

Looking back to my childhood, I truly had no appreciation for their amazing accomplishments, I really do now!


"Daughters"  John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment