life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Not Forgotten


The 5th of every month just sucks, the monthly anniversary of his death continues to haunt me. The day began with good/bad news from the hospice nurse.  Changing meds again indicates to me that the kidneys are now beginning to fail, but I am so looking forward to the new pain med that will hopefully control the symptoms of that and help me function better in my day to day life…then there is the damn tankless water heater that crapped out, even though a new part arrived and installed, it still refuses to make hot water, so rather than continue to pour money into a system that may continue to succumb the lime and scale in Casselberry water it is just time to start over again with a new one.  The day was just crappy…then,  Jill Darren & Harper came over. They ordered pizza and Darren continued to work on the hopeless tankless water heater.  It was not the worst day of my, by far, but even with pizza and family I found my eyes filling with tears that I would hide, it just felt like my house and my body was beginning to crumble around me…or maybe it was just the 5th of the month.  Even with all of this whining, I do recognize and appreciate how truly lucky I am.

But at the end of the evening, Harper pulled a book off of the shelf for me to read.  I do not have any children’s books here (I should)! The book she chose was a photo album because it was covered with brightly colored balloons. So, we looked at and talked about the pictures.  At 3 and a half, I had no idea what she could or could not understand about death.  We all decided not try to explain the complexities of death but to answer her questions if and when they arrived, but not make a big deal of it.  I have not heard her mention or ask.  Then last night as we looked at the photos she put her finger on Skip’s photo and squealed “Granddaddy”.  My heart sang…she remembers him!  He has not been forgotten!

"Don't You Forget About Me"  Lucy O'Byrne

No comments:

Post a Comment