life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

"Awfully bold of you to assume I've peaked!"


“Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.”  ~ Eric Roth

At this stage of my life, I feel that I am on a roller coaster.  At the apex is you go girl, your time is limited and the famous “if not now…when?”  But then there is the bottom of the curve…I am tired, how can I do this alone, what happens if I get sick and cannot take care of myself?  I think I have a very good idea about how bi-polar may feel!

The Universe hands me opportunities, I have to recognize them…then do the work!  I have had the opportunity to do some small abstract sculpture to accompany garden and floral arrangements.  Something I have a little knowledge of from my Nana Jones who was the high holy flower arranger of Lake county in the 60’s but this is all very new and challenging work! There will be exhibit space at a southern garden club convention in Tamp for a week and a wonder sculptor friend is already going to be there, offering to take my work and sell it too.  But then I began to realize that this event is inside a large Hilton Hotel Convention Center.  When will be the next time I can show a lot of my work, indoors, with a hotel room just upstairs if I need to rest?  THEN… there was the issue of getting there and my son recommended I look into the train…Bingo! $14 each way, Winter Park to Tampa, cheaper than parking each day... and the Tampa train station is less than a mile from the hotel not to mention that Uber is my friend…The Universe is SCREAMING at me….DO IT!

"Do it Again"  Steely Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment