life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Feeling heard...connected???


This is HEEE-UGE!  I never realized why I was so angry at the beginning of my heart failure  I could not figure out why I just could not seem to heal or resume some kind of normal life after skip died…and then I realized….no one was listening to or hearing me.
.
I do think it would be selfish of me to think everyone should be interested and vested in my life enough to listen and validate my every whim, nor do I have special requirement levels of participation for friends and family or strangers for that matter.  But…

I think perhaps my daily writing has given me a big leg up in exploring feelings.  Not because I am that smart, but because from the very beginning of this, I have needed some kind of outlet and blogs were free.  And there is another perk!  When I write there is no one to argue with me.  I can whine, bitch, berate the president or Republicans in general, and this list could go on forever.  But I can also remind myself how fortunate I am. I can celebrate life and love, and leave a “map” of how I did it if I need to refer back. I have no idea who is reading this but I have an idea of how many, simply because the hosting site keeps track of the hits, so on some level, I am being heard. I used to watch and celebrate those numbers regularly… I was feeling HEARD.  Maybe not heard in a traditional way, but my thoughts, my failures, and my successes are “out there” in the world for anyone that wants to hear.


"Connected"  Eric Bibb

No comments:

Post a Comment