life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Baggage


Although I do have to “fade the heat” on some of that baggage!  The other thing I have found helpful in dealing with baggage is to see it from “adult eyes” not the age of the eyes I was when I experienced them…This is kind of a hard concept to understand, but I have found it incredibly healing!

When I remember grief or pain from the past, those memories immediately deliver me back to the emotional time I experienced them.  I am experiencing and feeling the painful situation from the age I was then, from the emotional maturity I possessed at the time.  But now is not then!  The emotional response may be the same…fear, pain, anger, jealously…but the response to those negative emotions CAN BE  CHANGED!

Learning to engage with my past pain using my current emotional position gives me an entirely different perspective of what happened and why.  That gives me a few different and new tools in my coping skills toolbox. 
#1 It was not my fault, I was just ammunition in someone else’s emotional war.  
#2 I survived!  But…if I do not learn the lesson the Universe gave me, all of that pain was for nothing.   
#3 LEARN!!! Learn how to not repeat by avoiding those same situations and/or how to handle them with the wisdom I have accrued that my past baggage gave me. 
#4 It is ok to remember the pain…but CHANGE the emotional response, I have the power to do that!


"I Got This"  Jojee

No comments:

Post a Comment