life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Wonky...


“Anxiety is exhausting. It sucks. And it's not even useful, no matter how much it screams that it's real.
Fear thoughts create a brain response, which creates a body response, which conditions your thoughts to come up with more fears, which starts the cycle again. And this is why you can't talk yourself out of anxiety.

We have so much shame around anxiety; we often pretend we aren't feeling it. It's never effective to pretend you aren't afraid. Pretending you aren't afraid makes your interpersonal relationships come out wonky and makes you feel incredibly unstable.”

Wonky is one of my favorite words, mostly because I do not think there is a definite definition. I was/am a great pretender! Yes…I am afraid…a lot.  Yes…I hate this vulnerability.  Yes…I am all kinds of meds for anxiety, and no when it comes to my (or anyone else’s) heart, there is nothing we can take to stop the pain of loss.

I allow it to happen. I talk to myself (and Skip) and ask what am I really afraid of, what is the worst that could happen now? 


"Crazy"  Seal

No comments:

Post a Comment