life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Talk About It!


I am not advocating that we all whine all of the time, just to tell the truth about surviving loss. I always thought I was well-grounded emotionally; boy was I wrong!  I have been knocked off of my rockers, and as I reached out for help, there was nothing there that helped.  There were lots of people that loved me and did what they thought should help, but it did not.  Then I began to think there must be something horribly wrong with me, that all of this outpouring of love was not helping.  They were not the problem, I was, I did not know how or what to ask for support.  No one ever talks about it…and we all need to!


"Give Them Something to Talk About" Bonnie Raitt

No comments:

Post a Comment