life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, March 13, 2020

A very very acceptable trade-off!


There are so many things at my age, physical and emotional status that make daily life a real challenge!  Now, with all of the Covid-19 virus being reported and strong measures being taken to avoid people to people contact and that includes closing our local attractions… Disney, Universal, Sea World, Arena sports events.  In the past few days, I have wondered how much of this is overreacting.  Whether it is or is not, the economic reaction is going to be real.

With Skip on the construction end of the glass business and me in the art business, any hic-up in the economy and/or stock market had an effect on our personal finances! And then there were my health issues that only added to the financial stress.  Our life was a constant and difficult financial roller coaster ride. Through our life experiences, we learned, the hard way, that a frugal lifestyle was the best way to survive those difficult financial times. We always managed to have what we needed but I will confess that any little financial peace of mind was a relief and so appreciated!  We always made the best of what we had and we always made it through!

I am so grateful for finally reaching social security and Medicare!  It is the first time in my life I have watched economic impending doom arriving without panicking!  My finances are as secure as the government, and I know that is not a sure thing, but the most financially sure I have ever been and I am grateful for the life we led that has created this security.

An acceptable trade-off for not remembering why I came into this room!


"You Never Give Your Money"  The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment