life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, March 5, 2020

It becomes an ally!



“Pain is not redeemed by art.

When we separate the creative process from a need to solve or fix things, it becomes an ally.” 
~Megan Devine

It is a difficult process to understand!  I know!  Our society is filled with the myth that pain is the purveyor of creativity and even I must confess that without Picasso’s pain we would not have “Guernica”.  So, there are rare examples of that happening.  But I think it is important to say that having a creative outlet does not lessen the pain.  It does, however, give me another outlet for expressing it. It also gives me a chance to move forward.  Just like my writing, once the work is out in the world it is no longer residing in my heart and soul.  In my opinion, this is one place where we collectively screw up grief.  Grief really does need to be expressed in whatever way you need to get it out of your body.  The loss will never ever leave me, but the grief can be expressed. It was 7 months ago today that I lost you and I still have not figured it out.  The best part of our life together was surrounded by art. It has been difficult to reclaim that joy without having you here to share it with me. The only thing I know for sure is that your love and my art is still here.


"Art"  Tanya Davis
Lyrics
I wondered what would be the worth of my words in the world
if i write them and then recite them are they worth being heard
just because i like them does that mean i should mic them
and see what might unfurl

i think of the significance of my opinions here
is it significant to be giving them does anybody care
just because i'm into this does that mean i should live like it
and really do i dare

art, art i want you
art you make it pretty hard not too
and my heart is trying hard here to follow you
but i can't always tell if i ought to

so i pondered the point of my art in this life
if i make it will someone take it and think it's genuine
will they be glad that i did 'cause they got something good out of it
will they leave me and be any more inspired

i question the outcome of the outpouring of myself
if i tell everyone my stories will this keep me healthy and well
will it give me purpose, to this world some sort of service
is it worth it, how can i tell

art, art...

1 comment: