life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Extraordinary Times...


It is rather interesting to me, that in a world that is full of “broken things” that a very small microscopic virus is the single thing that has the power to make the biggest changes.  We have all shaken our heads at the broken health care system, the broken political system, the broken education system, the break down of religions, the breakdown of our infrastructure and I could go on.  On some level I believe we have all been expecting some great messiah in the guise of a president, a holy man or some other great person that will step up and save us from the current pending pandemic. 

The reality is that no one person will save us.  We have to save each other by working together with friends, family, and community.  Staying home, living simply, and helping where we can is how we can best contribute to the world and fix the broken things.  I have a whole new appreciation for the janitors, the grocery store employees, the truck drivers, and so many others that I truly did not value as much as I should have.  They have a huge impact on how we live our day to day lives.

This crisis is very different, the only way to fix it is to change how we all think and act towards each other… they are extraordinary times indeed, but perhaps it is nature’s way of making the corrections ordinary humans cannot….and when it is all over I hope we all see the other people and the world from a new perspective.
"Got to do Better" Eric Bibb

No comments:

Post a Comment