life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, February 28, 2020

Even if my voice shakes...


I know the people reading this blog, are most likely sick and tired of hearing me “whine”…sorry…but from the very beginning writing has been about getting  unreasonable, negative emotions out me while making room for new positive ones to arrive and grow.  It has indeed become a necessary part of my healing and survival.

One of the things that has surprised me and perhaps been the most difficult has been grief and loss.  Not because I am the only one to experience it, but because there was no good set of “emotional” tools on how to deal with it.  It seems as a society we just do not want to deal with it or talk about it.  We seem to find it easy to share with each other the “normal”, acceptable, traditional feelings of grief, and the basic time period that it should take to mourn, but most difficult to find anyone that is willing to fess up to the strange and unusual ones.  The feelings and actions that we “closet” away so no one will suspect that we are not normal and healthy.


"Say"  John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment