life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Like Yesterday


It was my first Valentine’s Day in 45 years alone, it was the first time in several years he was not with me for Nude Nite (at least for one of the nights).  As much as I loved being around all of the artworks, laughed and was tickled that my work sold, there was a what felt like a selfish feeling in my heart that he should be here with me.  I had marvelous friends and family that drove me to and from each of the 3 nights and I am truly grateful, but it wasn’t him. I am learning how to be alone, but I do not think I will ever stop feeling the heartache of him not being here especially on these special days. So many days I feel like I am healing, and then there days it feels like yesterday.

"I Just Don't Think I will Ever Get Over You" Colin Hay

No comments:

Post a Comment