life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Breathe!!!


“Life can be, and even likely will be, beautiful again. But that is a life built alongside loss, informed by beauty and grace as much as by devastation, not one that seeks to erase it. If we talk about recovery from loss as a process of integration, of living alongside grief instead of overcoming it, then we can begin to talk bout what might help you survive.”  ~Megan Devine

…and even begin to laugh…Yesterday I went out to eat…at night...at a table with strangers (Kobe’ one of those Japanese places where they cook at the table…and the food is so good with my birthday sister and her amazing husband) at the same table and I had a good time. Yes, there were a few times I wanted to shrink away and disappear, it was uncomfortable at times, I sat on the end, so if I needed to make a quick escape I could. But when those uncomfortable times really began to “pinch”… (and the Ativan seemed to be wearing off) I just focused on my breaths as I was taught.  Normal inhales…extended exhales, it just took a few to keep myself from slipping over the edge into panic. I had a great dinner with awesome company, but a more fun visit when I got back to the safety of my own little house.

"Keep Breathing" Ingrid Michaelson

No comments:

Post a Comment