life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, November 6, 2016

At the end of my battery....

The proverbial rock and hard place does not even come close to describing the trouble I am in now!  I am a current user of American Health Care Act and I am grateful beyond belief for the coverage I have had.  But this will be the 3rd year in a row that the company that carried my policy has pulled out of the state of Florida.  This year selecting another company and policy is a bit different, this year I have an S-ICD (Subcutaneous Implanted Cardiac Defibrillator) in my chest that requires periodic monitoring and re-calibration.   None of the 3 insurance companies available to me have an electrophysiologist in their network, much less one that has the hardware/software to “talk” to this piece of machinery hard wired into my heart. After 45 min. on the phone with healthcare.gov their official answer is….we are sorry….there is nothing we can do.  This energizer bunny is frustrated and running out of energy and battery!
"I won't Give up"  Jason Mraz

No comments:

Post a Comment