life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Superpower?

I know this sounds so ugly, but one of the most amazing things I am learning is that I get to choose who and what I love and or care about. Yes there are rules to some of this.

Rule……There are people that you must love….. parents, spouses, children, siblings, friends. I suspect there will come a time in everyone’s life when we question each of these relationships and wonder how much love has to do with it and how much of it is just following the rules.

Are we listening to our own hearts or the rules someone else made up?

Quietly figuring out the people and things that I love, that I want to spend my precious time with and breaking the rule. I do not want to hurt anyone’s feelings, but for the first time in my life I am learning that I do not have to “engage”
in their drama, maybe some think it is because
“i don’t give a fuck”, and maybe
that is what you will call it,
but it truly is a super-power that brings so much peace.


"no...no...no"   Paolo Nutini

No comments:

Post a Comment