life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, September 12, 2014

I am keeping them!

(Top) "Holding on to My Heart"                               (Bottom)  "Anticipation"
For as long as I have been creating this style of work, I have never hung one in my own home.  I think for the longest time, they just felt like work, a job….hanging my work, the layered paper pastels somehow felt like stapling a 50 page report about office procedures to my wall.

But these 2 pieces…these were different, not in execution, but in conception.  

These came from my gut, without consideration of how they would sell.  
They spoke to me. They sang to me, as they moved from my heart, into my imagination and finally, into reality.

They are my reminders that
I need to touch and feel it all,
be willing to fight to hold on
and prepared to let go.
"There is a Mountain"  Donavon

No comments:

Post a Comment