life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My Long Tall Woman in the Black Dress

My Long Tall Woman, my dark angel in the Black Dress gave me the answer I could not find on my own!
I was deciding who I was, what I wanted and how to go about getting it.  I was exploring something new and different and vacillating back and forth... Maybe I was being insecure and immature, but something just did not feel right, regardless how hard I tried, how curious I was or how much I thought I wanted it, I already knew in my heart it was not right for me. I was looking for assurance or a guarantee that I should do it anyway. Then she (the sculpture I just brought home from an exhibition) tipped and fell over without anyone or anything close to it.....I realized she was telling me that the words of a 2000 year old Sufi poet, that surrounded her creation were meant for this moment....
"Run my dear from anything that may not strengthen your precious budding wings.  Run like hell my dear from anyone likely to put a sharp knife into the sacred tender vision of your beautiful heart."   Hafiz


"Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" The Hollies

No comments:

Post a Comment