life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, July 1, 2019

...the magic, fantasy and the lies we tell each other.

I spent some time recently marveling at all that is available on the internet/TV if one is disposed to entertaining themselves by watching documentaries about all different perspectives of specific events in world history.  

Somehow, someway my entire academic world history education boiled down to wars, dates and famous historical figures.  Never were the events “married” to one another, never was there an indication of how one historical event influenced another or how religion prejudiced so much history.  I wondered if I was just not paying attention or was there an institutional effort to keep religion unchallenged by the events of history.  Perhaps the same was happening from a Christian point of view.  My Sunday school stories were never attached to a specific point in history, and rarely to the social, political or cultural conditions where they may have occurred. 

My heart aches from the recent inhumanity against innocent children held at our southern border. I am overwhelmed by the pure evil that is upheld and condoned by this government and silent Christians. I have never believed in the Biblical stories, myths, and magic. But I have held the actual love and teachings of Christ at the center of my own personal being, always wondering why it was necessary to surround the unquestionable power of that love with such ridiculous fantasy, outrageous magic and from an academic point of view, scientific lies. As I begin looking at history, from different points of view the one thing I am certain of, is religion has always and historically been incapable of separating itself from ego, politics, and power.  Religion is incapable of practicing the virtue it advocates, but it is historically flawless at repeating the atrocities.

And we allow it to continue through the magic, fantasy and the lies we tell each other.

"World Without Love"  Peter & Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment