life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Losing My Religion!


I wrestled with this one especially when it came to “losing my religion”!  I felt like if Christianity no longer held the love I could believe in or made any sense to me when they put ego and power first, then I have to find something to replace it.  I desperately searched, read, and studied.  I needed to make certain that my soul would move on to a good place.

Then all of a sudden it hit me! Religion is all about what happens to me and everyone else after we die.  They are all based on the premise that if we follow their rules we will be rewarded or punished AFTER we die. Something neither I or anyone else has any scientific knowledge or proof of.  Organized religion is made up, based on the questionable stories of a few people and it is about the emotional control of people, money, politics, and individual egos. 

There are going to be spiritual things about life and death that we as humans will never know until we actually experience it.  We as a race of people have been making up stories explaining things we do not understand since we arrived on this planet. There may be some science we are not yet aware of, explaining some of these stories, but we do not know it now.  The automatic emotional default we chose to believe in should never be thousand-year (and more) stories.

Being comfortable with NOT knowing, it no longer leaves me vulnerable to the fears of not being Christian (or anything else for that matter). It no longer controls how I experience life and death…those things are now my complete responsibility. I cling to provable facts, the splendid feelings in my heart and soul and it is amazing!!!  “Not knowing” is the most freeing thing I have ever allowed myself to do!

"Losing My Religion"  R E M

No comments:

Post a Comment