life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, July 29, 2019

Making NEW ones...


This is not an “OH POOR ME”…although I will admit I am really good at that!  It seems to be turning in to a confession to myself about why all of those wonderful class “inner child” talks, suggestions, exercises never ever worked. Actually, they were horribly depressing, there was nothing in my childhood that felt loved, supported, good or freeing. Rather than admitting that to me or anyone else, I would just smile and BS my way through the discussion and then walk away from it.  This morning this unedited quote popped up on FB…and without anyone here to even see, I began the “knee-jerk” smile and walk away performance to cover my real feelings and theatrically produce the appropriate emotions.  There is absolutely nothing in my childhood that I loved, not dancing, flowers or fireworks.  There were, however, several unsuccessful suicide attempts.  Never any counseling, just parental punishment for doing such a stupid thing, then threats that if I told, everyone would know it was my selfish way of getting attention that did not work. If others found out they would think I am crazy.   I was shamed and told I would never have any friends or boyfriends if I told anyone…I never told… 

That is not what I want to “call back” to enrich my life.  I am learning that through music, more listening than playing (but doing that too) I do not have to bring up old memories and pretend they were good, they were not! I know trying to forget them still does not make them go away. BUT… I can make new ones…happy ones…loving ones…and I think that will serve me well!

"Just Like a Woman"  Eric Bibb
3 things
...Living in the past will not help the future
...accept that it happened and it made me stronger
...admit it and then let it go, when you can

No comments:

Post a Comment