life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Happy Moon Man Day!


Happy 50th!  I remember where I was… I remember this shining spot of excitement! Looking back, I find it so very interesting that in the midst of some of the country’s most deeply harrowing and violent political times, this magnificent milestone occurred!  We saw our friends drafted into the hopeless Viet Nam War, passionate protests for peace, Kent State student deaths, and the assassinations of 2 great men that made us believe that unity, peace and equal rights were truly possible. We (as a nation) we also accomplished the greatest scientific achievement.  It was such a positive and exciting moment, sandwiched between some of this country’s horrific times.  Today I have many of the same feelings I  had all those years ago, hoping with all that I am, there is another shining moment of this caliber on our horizon.  However, with this current administration, they have no idea what it is like to fuel courage, imagination, and comradery with a mission like this!
"Moondance" Van Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment