life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Passing through...



Just beginning Hayden Herrera’s biography of Frida Kahlo, and already exposed to so much I did not know about her life and struggles, then as by some sort of coincidence, I run into this video of my old abandoned Elementary school, all followed by my weekly visit from the hospice nurse.

None of these things should feel connected in any way…but there seems to be a thin almost unrecognizable thread of familiarity running through each of these events.  While reading about Frida’s overwhelming health struggles and how she bravely identified, camouflaged and/or handled them, I was literally jerked back into some of my own emotional battles when a quite detailed YouTube video of the abandoned Elementary school I went to for 6 years spontaneously appeared on my FaceBook page.  Some parts of the building I knew immediately and could associate a personal event with, others I did not. I passed through and was awash with long-forgotten memories.  There were some good ones here, but what did surprise and overwhelm me were the saturnine ones.  The ones that I had long since filed away and forgotten.  Then the hospice nurse knocks on the door and the weekly checkup identifies some possible new advancements of this disease although I am reassured that my heart “numbers” are still good and he still considers that I am stable…but there may be new meds and treatments to begin soon.

…and I wonder is the universe “suggesting” that I pass through old pains and injuries, looking at them from a different point of view?  Is it time to deal with the abandoned grief…perhaps through my art…like Frida?
"We May Never Pass This Way Again"  Seals and Crofts
3 things...I have gotten good at recognizing synchronicity,
I have an outlet to express difficult feelings, 
I am alive at a time that I have all of this
amazing technology to do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment