life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, July 26, 2019

Who Knew????


THANK YOU, THANK YOU,  KEVIN!
On a recent Van AC repair, I was told that my perfect, absolutely no sign of wear tires needed to be all replaced…they were rotting!  WHAT??? I knew my driving had been seriously reduced, in fact, for the most part, it has been discouraged, but I still need to go to and yes even enjoy my weekly pilgrimage to Walmart to pick up groceries (not shop for them, I do that online, just pick them up) and the freedom to run around to the corner store, at will, for emergency “Ooops I ran out of’s”  You know…toilet paper, milk, toothpaste, paper towels, cat food…etc. etc….  Somehow this ability makes me think I am still tremendously independent (and keeps the cat happy)….and I am not giving that up, not yet!!

But good lord….never have I had to deal with my tires literally rotting before I could wear them out…and I have worn out some tires in my days!  Mark this one in my book of “Who Knew?”…and yes I now have new tires, I still have at least a couple of places I need to go to!

"Will it Go Round in Circles?"  Billy Preston
3 things...I did not appreciate what a gift it was to
WEAR things out!
I will not complain about it, I will notice when I do 
not have the time or energy to use things up!
Hanging on to independence is so important!

No comments:

Post a Comment