life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Flush.....


I taught this in every class at least twice a year and sometimes more.  Now it seems like it is the lesson that I need to give myself.

I recall asking students how can we expect to create wonderful new art pieces, relationships, and lives with the same old information and tools that got us here in the first place? Can we really expect that same “stuff” is going to create new, different, and effective lives?  Then to make things worse, our typical “fix it” first step is to go out and get MORE stuff for our minds.  We read how-to books, take classes, join groups and religions, and get all kinds of advice about how we need to change things,  but really…. we are just pouring more stuff on top of the old toxic...not working stuff.
  
At the risk of sounding really crude…when our plumbing is stopped up and nothing flushes…Do we force more shit in it to get it flowing again?

We need to literally “flush” out toxic thoughts and thinking to allow space for the new ideas, life and creativity to take hold and grow…
"Never Can Say Good-Bye"  Micheal Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment