life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

With a Club!


This goes for everything, not just imagination!  Lacking deadlines and other “have to do’s” I find that motivation to do anything takes much more effort.  Of course, a good part of that is due to my physical restrictions.  But most of this frustration is coming from my own acceptance of them!  Until just a while ago I bucked those restrictions, forcing my body to do things (and at that point, I still could) but paying the physical price afterward (aches, pains, fluid build-ups, and killer muscle cramps).  Then another decline and the ability to DO them at all happened.  It was not “do” them, then pay for it later…It was just plain no strength to do them at all!  That brought on some of the most horrendous frustration and depression I have ever experienced! 

Acceptance has a whole new meaning.  I always felt that acceptance was going to be all about the actual death, but it is about accepting what this body can and cannot do anymore.  I suspect the actual death is going to be the easiest part of all of this.  It is the day to day frustrations that make me emotionally and physically crazy!  When I am working so hard to make this part of life some of my best, I have to live with the fact that it is not just about making up my mind to do it.  This physical vessel I live in is no longer cooperating.

It is only my imagination, my words, my thoughts that go on unaffected and I plan to keep chasing them with a club!
"Pure Imagination"  Glee

No comments:

Post a Comment