life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, July 15, 2019

Shifting....Shifting...Shifting

It is scary and awkward when I realize that I am so different from before.  It is so easy to slide back into a life where the “fit in”with the rest of them,  conditioned, routine, and programmed reactions seemed appropriate.  It is so easy to let my emotions hook me back into old feelings and behaviors, and even though it feels good and comfortable to “fit in” for just a while, those feelings collapse quickly leaving me in a pile of regret and pain. It just does not work anymore…

There are indeed situations that no longer deserve my time, energy and attention, but then there are others that seemed to be begging for me to speak up. I am learning how to value my life and my voice, striving to use both of them for good and growth!  Failing more times than I succeed, but still trying!


"Waiting on the World to Change"  John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment