life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Those surprise gifts!


There are so many things that become more and more difficult to do, but then… there are some things that I used to feel like were more of “just got to be done” chores that are now glorious  little reminders that I still have value, that “I can still do it!”…well...not fast… maybe not as dramatic, but still… doing it!  These little successes evoke some of the most wonderful memories of what I used to be able to do!  These are the unexpected gifts that arrive on crappy days when I am so frustrated that I could kick a puppy!  These postcards even arrived in a brown box with tissue paper packing, the universe was making certain I knew it was a “gift” just in case I was too wrapped up in my own self-pitty to recognize it!


"The Kind You Can't Afford"  Madeleine Peyroux
3 things
...look for and appreciate the wonderful things I can still do
...do not get weighed down with the "I can'ts",
...celebrate the "I cans!"

No comments:

Post a Comment