life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, December 3, 2018

willing to burn...

I spent so many years trying to be something I was not, conforming to all of the social rules.  When I failed, which I did on a very regular basis, I would be hurt and angry.  I did not understand that I always had a choice, I never had to “behave“ or do what they told me to do, of course, that does not now or ever give me the permission to deliberately hurt someone else, but it also means I do not give them the permission to hurt me either.  I was led to believe that if I was a good mother, good Christian, good wife, good homemaker that I would be happy.  It does not now….nor has it ever worked like that.  I felt guilty, not good enough, everything was my fault that what they told me did not work.  They were wrong…all I ever had to be was be the best I could be, make horrendous mistakes and say I am sorry, then start again.  I just needed to be me and not care what others thought! I wish I had been willing to burn much earlier in my life. If I could pass anything down…that would be it…be you….regardless of what they tell you… be willing to burn for what you love.
"Ooh La-La" (wish I knew what I know now....when I was younger)  Rod Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment