life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, December 31, 2018

Shoving the box!

I spent so much life trying to make others love me.  I wanted so badly to fit into the box.  It just never worked. I always felt like I was begging to be noticed and never good enough, much less loved.  This past year, I have finally learned (and am still learning) how to let go of needing to be loved and agreed with.  It is a work in progress, but it is all good!  Afraid to disagree with anyone, I pushed my feelings down because I was sure people might not like me, ignore me and leave me, and some did! However, in all honesty, I have learned how to walk away, too. As I learn how to love me, the need for others to love and/or like me seems to dissolve.  The peace is very nice.

This late in life I am still learning how to love and respect me and my peace.  In some ways, it is much harder than I imagined it would be, and other ways easier…but it is always worth it!  I will be doing much more box shoving this year!
"Let it Go"  Micheal Franti

No comments:

Post a Comment