life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Participating

This has always been a “no-brainer” quote…it gets a little tricky when we are the ones that have to figure out what the word “participate” means.  This week I have learned that there is a whole new way of participation…It is NOT PARTICIPATING! Life has placed several choices in the past few days that I have had to make deliberate choices or take specific actions to do the “right” thing…but I am learning that the right thing and the thing that is better for me… may not always be the same.   And that is not what I was ever taught!!

It took thought, love, and tears to not participate.  I have learned that participating relentlessly might mean making the choice to NOT participate at all.  Actually, it is about recognizing circumstances that I have no control over, and understanding me wanting it to be different does not change the reality.  Learning to accept the things that I cannot change and hopefully I become changed for good.
"For Good"  from Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment