life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, December 10, 2018

my way of thinking....

We all have our ups and downs!  But there are some that seem to choose the downs, although I have no idea why.  I suspect we have all had times that the downs have come rolling over us and the act of preparing for them and protecting ourselves becomes automatic.  Maybe they are in a constant state of anger and fear…I am not certain, but it does break my own heart to watch some really choose to make themselves miserable because they have just forgotten how to be grateful or to see all the great gifts they have.
I was given the opportunity to get back in touch with an estranged family member through a friend.  I am sure I could have done that at any time, but it would have taken some effort on my part, and I have just not done it. It was just his overwhelming negativity that not only consumes him but that he seems to have chosen to live in and then expects others to remedy.  His life has a repeating history of devastating the lives of those that come into his orbit.  There is some part of me that would like to be back in touch with fond memories of the past, make peace and say goodbye.  Other parts of me are afraid I will be pulled into that destructive orbit and I am frightened I do not have the additional time and energy needed for that.  And so…it may be all about “my way of thinking”.
I am choosing a happy life and old fond memories.
"Galileo"  Indigo Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment