life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

a whole new meaning....

Every now and again a friend or acquaintance, one that does not know me well, will come across the newest  "snake oil"....cardiac meds or therapies they have tried or seen on the internet.
Everything from shooting electrical currents through me to ingesting hydrogen (h2) bubbles.  I appreciate that they want to help, but I have learned the hard way, that people with terminal illness (which by the way is all of us, no one gets out of here alive!) are scared to death of death. 

They….we….I….become desperate to the point of doing anything at any cost to avoid it…It has been my experience that they are all costly, emotionally painful and for the most part, the only thing they really accomplish is separating me from my money.  The end result will ultimately and always be death.  How much quality time can anyone buy? How much is it worth?  Although it is incredibly interesting to me…that the most religious believers of the perfect afterlife, the heaven that each religion defines as its own idea of perfection, are typically the ones that fight hardest to NOT go there.  Accepting death is just a part of life can be the most freeing thing any of us can do for ourselves.  Truly understanding that there may be “something somewhere incredible waiting to be known” takes on a whole new exciting meaning
"Closer to Fine" Indigo Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment