life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

There are times that I stand up for myself…I am still desperately looking for the balance necessary to maintain my life and independence and not hurt people’s feelings that want to help.  I am not good at it yet…but I am working on it. Then there is the political thing and the religious thing, which for the most part in the past I would just knuckle under to preserve the peace.  What I know now is that every time I preserved the peace for others, I denied my own opinions and another little piece of me died or worse made me angry with myself for being so weak.  It ate up my self-esteem.  Keeping the peace of others has cost me dearly! But now there is something in the air and I need to love and take care of me…but it still sounds so selfish...
"Something in the Air"  Thunderclap Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment