life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Old Expectations...


A tin tree and a new use for the treadmill!  I am not giving up but I am giving in to the reality that my heart and energy levels just can no longer support some of my “want to’s”, “should do’s” and “what everyone else does”. After 40 + years of a home slathered with decorations, lights and a fully decorated Christmas tree I opted to save some of that time and energy that was spent on a traditional Christmas.  This little tree is perfect!  It is in the living room so I can see it all of the time (instead of the front room, where I only got to see it as I was coming and going).  And leftover green jingle bells whenever I have the need to just jingle….and then I have finally found a new use for the treadmill! The perfect place to stack the wrapped gifts!...but the outside lights and the 9ft Christmas Penguin are still up in the front yard…. somethings just have to be!

Yes, it is a different kind of Christmas, and it has already been so much better.  The kind I have always dreamed of with the time and energy focused on the best part of Christmas…friends, family, reflections on all of the wonderful Christmases past without driving myself crazy, making it perfect, being exhausted, frustrated and cranky!  Insisting on doing it the way “it should be done” and I have always done it in the past feels like the unseen and impenetrable barrier that kept me from all of the magnificent “new” out there waiting for me to experience. Letting go of
old expectations, making new for the amazing, simple and new! …Jingle…jingle…jingle
"Details in the Fabric"  Jason Mraz

No comments:

Post a Comment