life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Who knew that the path to having more (happiness) was in the act of letting go?

I know I have a couple more weeks before the official end of the year…but I was beginning to look back at what I did and did not accomplish!  Letting go seems to keep rising to the top of “feel good” accomplishments! 

It began when I took a class on cleaning and organizing.  As we paid off the mortgage on our 40-year-old home I looked around and saw 40 years’ worth of stuff.  Stuff that was not being used, although it HAD been loved, used, and used well, now it had become clutter.  It all held so many wonderful memories.  However, the clutter was becoming difficult to manage and was frustrating.  It was time to keep the memories but let go of the stuff, the stuff could be used by others that needed it, my memories live on without it.
 
The second “let go” lesson is negative people.  I know we all are negative from time to time, it is just human.  But I found there were people around me that seem to thrive in stagnation, chaos, and negativity. Again there are plenty of others that may appreciate the chaos but at this part of my life. It is not just frustrating and sad for me…it is physically and emotionally dangerous!  …I choose laughter, creativity, meaning, and growth…I am getting much better at letting go and I am becoming much happier!  Who knew that the path to having more (happiness) was in the act of letting go?
"Carry On"  Crosby Stills, Nash and Young

No comments:

Post a Comment