life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, December 21, 2018

I did....

If you know me at all, you know that I am a historical novel hound…mostly Tudor England, Renaissance Italy, and every once in while I am sucked into the Templar Legends.  I am always in awe of how some amazing writers can take a set of dates and circumstances and weave a story through them.  Then it is wild to see two-three- and often more stories using the same set of circumstances develop from the same set of accepted facts.  It is the only place where facts and fiction seem to literally “dance” together.  Now you know why I was so excited to see the movie “Mary Queen of Scots” that just opened. 

In my place, there are from day to day doubts about what I can and cannot do physically, and that is a huge emotional battle I have with myself!  Then I have a long history of “doing it for myself” so I do not have to depend on others.  This makes for one big-ass 2 part bitter pill to swallow!

But today…I did it!  I have never ever been to the movies by myself…and I did it.  I drove myself the back way (it was a morning show, who knew there was something earlier than an afternoon matinee) drug all of the flipping equipment, bought my own tickets and saw Mary Queen of Scots.  It was great, everything I hoped it would be, and I could see it again and again.  But this time I did it myself, and it feels better than just good…It is me...I am the one that needs to put my arms around my own life...and I did...
"Arms Around My Life" Janis Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment