life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, December 24, 2018

Enchilada Eve

I love how traditions begin….not the traditions that everyone follows because they are told this is what they should do, but the special ones, the ones with history and personal meaning.  Our Enchilada Eve was born from 2 separate things.  #1 we had all the turkey and ham we stand already and #2 My Sister Adrianne had planned to cook a Mexican Birthday Dinner for Skip (his favorite food, back in May 1998) that we never could find the time to make happen…when we were all home.

And then 20 years ago today... it was Christmas Eve and we were all home….so the much belated Birthday Dinner became Enchilada Eve and still is!  Although I really cannot do the Enchilada Eve production anymore my heart sings that my children have embraced the tradition and it will go on!
"Feliz Navidad" Jose Feliciano

No comments:

Post a Comment