life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, December 29, 2018

...and the studio is alive again

....and the studio is alive again!  I am loving the unexpected emotional tension that erupts while creating contemporary antiquities.  The challenge of engineering my very first horizontal armature was a bit more challenging than anticipated, and to be honest…still not sure…it was one of those “seat of my pants” operations, but then the seat of my pants has produced some of my best works.  Managing not just the technical support but the single point of balance…yikes…and that center of balance will be lower when she gets mounted on her “real” base…this one is very very temporary! There is so much “finishing” that is still waiting.  Then she will be mounted again on a custom canvas with extra structure and bracing that will support the sculpture and the base.  3-D on the wall…and not base relief!

        "Obeah Woman" Nina Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment