life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, December 8, 2018

SNIFFFFF.....

In the late 90s the boys were on their own and the wonderful family holiday ritual marching from Christmas tree lot to Christmas tree lot choosing and then having a family vote on the perfect Christmas tree had fallen by the wayside.  We did what I suspect most old parents do, and that was to replace the yearly ritual with a small “fake” tree.  The boys were absolutely disgusted with me for following such a traditional ho-hum old people path…but in my own defense, it was easy!  It was that very first year of “fakeness” that I discovered although the tree was cute and easy…it had no smell.  There were a few years I tried to fake it with candles and sprays….and yukkkkkk! So when this gift of a live wreath appeared…I quickly decided not to do the expected and hang it outside on the front door…but to hang it inside and have this wonderful smell inside again this year!  Big SNIFF!!!!!  AUGHHHH…..
"It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas"  Michael Buble'

No comments:

Post a Comment