life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, December 23, 2018

not liking the ugly!

…..and then this happened! 

After a not horrible day, but maybe not one of my best, I decided a nice long hot soak in the tub would be just the ticket!  After all, as far as I am concerned there is no disease, ache, pain, strain, headache, etc., etc. that a good hot soak cannot cure.  Candles and Christmas jazz playing only made it more healing!  But when I got out of that wonderful hot bath…there was this…on both arms…no pain…but what the hell??? Looks like I lost a wrestling match in the bathtub!  Again, no mention of this lovely in the heart failure handbook!  Somebody really needs to update that damn book… but I just looked it up on Google….how did we live without google??? It is petechiae, small bleeds under the skin….well duh!...I figured that out on my own.  But according to Google, not a big deal…in my case, the cause may be, heart rhythm drugs or low palette count (they took me off blood thinners a couple of years ago). Again grateful there is no pain…but really not liking the ugly!
"Body Love" Mary Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment