life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Re-framing.....

My 2016 year of Artist’s Way classes are over with a mixed feeling of joy and relief, but most endings are like that.  I always learn more than I teach in these classes, and that is one of the huge reasons I keep coming back year after year.  This summer group came up with a term that has resonated with me. She (and she knows who she is) calls it re-framing.  

As an old picture framer even the word, re-framing appeals to me.  Re-framing appears to have its roots in gratitude, but is not the same.  Re-framing is taking a situation that may be difficult and looking at it from a different point of view (as opposed to my ingrained typical point of view) before reacting.  It also opens up the possibility of acknowledging grief and anger unlike gratitude. Sometimes I just need to be hurt, and grieve, sometimes I feel like I am so full of emotional scar tissue I am running out of the ability to be empathetic with others and myself. 

This week,  I have officially rejected the newest round of old tests that they use to determine how much more heart function I have lost.  I am re-framing my health, re-framing my life.
"From Me to You"  Janis Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment