life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Wrong Doing????

I have been around awhile….(ok, no tacky age comments please!) but I have never seen the amount of Evangelical, Charismatic and other Christians oblivious to resounding wrong, as I do now.  In an act of total disclosure, I was raised Episcopalian/Catholic and have never truly understood the evangelical or the charismatic movement. I do now have to wonder why so many of these faiths are irrationally upholding the validity of a man that lies, cheats, bullies, belittles, threatens and then pays off people to keep quiet? I have yet to discover any religious teachings that find this acceptable.  It has been my experience that all varieties of Christians have typically been committed to the archetypal biblical interpretation of forgiveness. As I recall from my old and current New Testament biblical studies, a condition of forgiveness is a penitent acknowledgment of the wrong/sin and a sincere effort to change and go sin no more.  When neither of these situations is evident why would anyone forgive and continue to defend, support and uphold such a person?  I support everyone’s right to practice their own religion, but I sincerely question and do not understand how religion is now being manipulated to rationalize unquestionable wrong doing.  
"Ave Maria"  Guy Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment