life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Kintsugi THIS!!!!



Kintsugi is what it is officially called.  So if scars and flaws are what make me unique….all I can tell you is that I am really really really unique. I have had 14 major surgeries.  Kidneys x7, lady parts x2, caesarian sections (yep I am counting them!) x2, Thyroid x1, Open heart x1, SICD implant x1.  Hold on…need to do the math again….yep 14 of them and the scars to show for them…but there is no gold and I promise there is no beauty either.  There are times I am so ashamed of them…so big…so ugly…so many.  So… it is easy to see why the Kinsugi philosophy appeals to me, even if there is no real gold.  I have fought long and hard most of my life just to be alive and no one will ever understand the guilt of the financial burden I have put on my family. For the most I am incredibly grateful, other times I am just friggen’ tired!


"Better Off Now"  Trent Dabbs

No comments:

Post a Comment