life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, March 30, 2018

Has Jesus been jetisoned?

I am done with most white evangelicals.  I am just done...I do not understand and I can no longer tolerate the hypocrisy, inconsistency,  selective mercy and veiled supremacy!

Recently, evangelical leaders and entire congregations have publically and literally given a “mulligan” to a white 3 time married Republican President so riddled with depravity, littered with extramarital affairs, unapologetically vile, with the crude behavior of a schoolyard bully and a vast resume of legal and moral filth. There has been no sign of apology or repentance and most of our Republican senators and representatives have silently lined up behind this behavior to achieve their political agenda. It boggles my mind!

Where did the Christian tenet of salvation through Christ by earnestly repenting, accepting forgiveness and sin no more become obsolete?  What happened to  "If your brother sins, rebuke him; if he repents forgive him." (Luke 17:3) or "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me".  All of the sudden those pesky parts of Christianity are absent when personal political interests are at stake!   Has Jesus been jettisoned?

The willingness to align politics and religion is a pricey marriage. Compromising religion to justify a truly corrupt, self-righteous and unrepentant man is dangerous.  Evangelicals….you might have gained a Supreme Court seat but you have lost so much more.

It is my hope that this Easter weekend, wise, decent, good-hearted, faithful people can truly see the cruelty, lies and the ugliness of this person and honestly with an open heart reexamine the faith they hold dear. 

And all of this rant is from a certified agnostic...why aren't the Christians outraged!
"Walk the Walk"  Eric Bibb

No comments:

Post a Comment